Sunday, February 22, 2009

Recycled Crafts

I saw this purse several months ago, and I had to have one. Since then I have been saving my can tabs. Today I got inspired to start making it. I probably don't have enough tabs yet, but you have to start somewhere. I printed out the picture of the purse that I liked (there are several) so that I can refer to how it was made. So far I have 3 x 9 tabs stitched together. I just wrapped thread (doubled over) around 2 tabs that were side by side (the top holes). Then I placed 2 more tabs below those ones, lining up the top holes of the new ones over the bottom holes of already stitched ones. Then I looped them together with thread several times, and repeated the process. I can't wait to show this purse off in public.



My mom sent me the February issue of Family Fun because of this craft. It is a milk carton wallet. I finally got my printer to work (the baby had stuck some things in it), and was able to print out the template. You can go to their website and do a search for "milk carton" to find it. It was easy enough. The hardest part was cutting the hole for the spout to fit through. My husband suggested that I cover the inside of the spout so that the money does not fall out when the cap it off. The cap is the locking devise. I think I might line the inside with fabric, and that should fix the prolem while making it look nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment