Thursday, February 5, 2009

Knitting group & Bee Stitch

While on Ravelry, I discovered that there is a knitting group that meets in my town every Wednesday night. The time frame was perfect since I can't leave my house until later. There were about 9 people there. I was so happy to see such a large group. I was not the only new person either. People were knitting and spinning and talking. I had fun, and I finished that dish cloth that I had started knitting on Tuesday night.

I started a new dish cloth last night after I got home. I am using the bee stitch to knit it. It's a favorite of mine when making dish cloths. I like the way it looks. I'm using the same yarn and needle size as before (US 10, Lily's Sugar'n Cream cotton). I cast on 29 stitches for mine.

Bee Stitch

Multiple of 2 sts + 1

Row 1: Knit across

Row 2: (right side) K1, * K1 below (go through the knit stitch in the row below), K1; repeat from *

Row 3: Knit across

Row 4: K2, K1 below, *K1, K1 below across to last 2 sts, K2

Repeat rows 1-4 for pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment