Friday, March 7, 2014

Stash-Busting Cotton - Making Dishcloths

I have one of my cotton yarn bins sitting right next to me in the living room, because I want to use it all up.  These projects certainly did make a dent in that bin.
Last month I was on a roll making these spiral dishcloths.  The pattern is quick and easy, and it is a great way to stash-bust.  I lost track of how many leftover skeins of cotton that I used up making these.  Here is the free pattern.   What am I going to do with them all?  Well they all went into my handmade gift bin.  I usually go through the bin when someone's birthday is coming up and just before Christmas.
Here is a basic garter stitch dishcloth that used up the last of this patriotic yarn.
I had so much fun crocheting basket weave dishcloths that I wanted to make a knitted one and a tunisian crochet one.  The blue one is knitted and the patriotic one is tunisian crochet.  Both of them are knit 4 and purl 4 for 3 to 4 rows before reversing it (purl 4 and knit 4).  
This pattern is by juwee1 on ravelry.  Sadly her pattern link does not include the pattern.  I found it in the notes of other people's pattern pages, so that is why I'm sharing it here.

CO multiples of 4 plus 6 

I cast on 38 stitches.  
Knit first and last 5 rows 
 
knit first and last 3 sts of each row for border 
 
Row 1: P across 
 
Row 2: (Slip 2 purlwise with yarn in front, k2) repeat 
 
Row 3: P across 
 
Row 4: (k2, slip 2 purlwise with yarn in front) repeat
Chrysanthemum hot pad - free pattern.
I made this pig dishcloth in celebration of National Pig Day on March 1st.  Pig Out! dishcloth - free pattern

1 comment: