Friday, February 21, 2014

Stash-Busting Cotton

I have been stash-busting my cotton yarn like crazy this week.
About 2 years ago I bought this pretty green yarn only to discover that it had a sent built into it.  I was sneezing like crazy while working with it.  Last night I did better while using it.  I just want to get rid of this stuff.  I cast on 30 stitches, knit a few rows of garter stitch, then switched to knitting the first and last stitches and doing stockinette in the center (size 7 needles).  

Here I cast on 30 stitches once again with size 7 needles and just knit every stitch (48 yards used).  I was really into a book, so this was the perfect project to make while I read my book.  

I made 5 more spiral dishcloths using my small leftover skeins.   Then I made a wavy dishcloth using my friend Cindy's pattern.  I stopped when I ran out of yarn.  It is a very easy pattern, it looks great, and it is a great dishcloth.  I'm currently using another one that I made to wash my dishes with this week.  These 6 items were all made on the same night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment