Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dishcloth, Hot Pad, & Gift Wrap


I finished knitting the dishcloth last night. I also started making a new one. It's a great way to stash bust my single skeins of Lily's sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. Plus it fits in perfectly with single skein September.


I also finished making the hot pad using Clover's Wonder Knitter. I used 3 left over skeins of Lily's Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn (from making dishcloths). I love how it turned out. I used a needle and regular blue thread to stitch the eye cord together in the spiral pattern. A rug would look really nice made the same way. I did start making a rug the same way a year ago. I stopped because it wasn't enjoyable to make. I was using a regular spool knitter for it. I want to switch it to the wonder knitter. It is easy and enjoyable to use.


My son is going to a last minute birthday party for 2 kids today. Thankfully I had 2 juice pouch pencil pouches already made. I stopped buying wrapping paper about 2 years ago. Not everyone recycles their paper, and not every town recycles paper. However I did not have any non-Christmas gift bags to use for the gifts. I did have a very large silver gift bag that was torn on one whole side. I decided to treat that gift bag as if it were wrapping paper. I had more than enough to wrap both gifts, and it is a fun gift wrap for 2 kids. Hopefully the paper will get recycled again. Even if it doesn't, at least it got a 2nd use (if you don't count all the other times I used it for various things in my house). For other gift wrap ideas, check out Danny Seo's book "Simply Green Giving." One of his ideas is to use the silver side, or inside, of a clean potato chip bag for gift wrap. You can then use VHS or cassette tape for the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment