Thursday, January 9, 2014

WIPs

Here are the projects that I am currently working on.

On Tuesday I started knitting a cute cabled bag called the Bee's Knees Bag.  It is made using a long circular needle and the magic loop technique.  I'm using Plymouth Yarn Encore Chunky in a nice aqua color.

On January 1st I started another 10 stitch blanket (my other one is hibernating for a little while).   I'm using the leftover yarn from all of those man hats that I had made last year.  This is also helping me reach my goal of using up at least 50 skeins of yarn this year.  With the chunky yarn this project is knitting up quickly.   I'm using Loops & Threads Charisma yarn and size 10.5 needles. 

On Monday I start teaching a crochet block of the month class, so I started making samples of the squares that we will be making.  I'm using the book "101 Crochet Stitch Patterns & Edgings" by Connie Ellison.  It will be a 30 block afghan.  The first 4 blocks are very simple.  My first block is single crochet, and my 2nd block is half double crochet.  I'll be making green ones at home and blue ones in class, that way I will end up with 2 afghans.  I'm using sizes G and H crochet hooks, Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn (grass colorway), and Plymouth Yarn Encore (in an aqua color) for my 2 afghans.  

I'm also working on a tunisian crochet afghan.  I'm using a size K tunisian crochet hook, and chaining 30 to start them.  My squares are about 8 inches squared.  
It isn't a great pictures, but here us where I'm at with my log cabin afghan.  I started it in April of last year, then it hibernated for a little bit, and now I'm working on it again.  I'm using size 8 circular needles and Caron's Simply Soft yarn.  I'm sticking mainly with the blue colorways, but there is purple and gray yarn in there to.  One of the multicolored yarns has some green in it, and now I'm debating if I should add a very pale green to it.  The green is similar to one of the pale blues.  There are several different log cabin patterns out there.  I'm not following a pattern, because once you make one then you have it memorized.  Each section of color is 30 rows.  As I'm working on it, I count the ridges on the front side.  If I count 15 then I know I'm done with that color.  

No comments:

Post a Comment