Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My first finished shawl

After trying to make 3 different shawls this year, my 4th one was the success.  I was a church earlier this month when I was pulled over to a bench full of yarn and simple knit and crochet shawl patterns.  I agreed to take some yarn home and make a prayer shawl for my church.  I picked a very simple knit pattern from their pattern selection.  It is a lot narrower than I thought a shawl should be.  It looks more like a scarf to me.  I think that next time I will double or triple the cast on amount.  This used up 1 skein of Caron's Simply Soft yarn.  I used size 15 knitting needles for it.  Here is the super simple 5 row repeat pattern.  Why yes, that is a weird mess up right in the center of it.  I'm not really sure what happened there.

No comments:

Post a Comment