Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break


I'm about to leave for a mini Spring Break vacation.  Today I finished crocheting another blossom hot pad in Easter colors.  All I need to do is weave in the ends.  I've been working hard on finishing knitting a birthday present for my mom.  I see her tomorrow night, and I have 7.5 rows left to knit.  It is not going to be finished tonight, so that means knitting in secret while there.  My other crafting plans for this week will be to make two types of soda tab bracelets and some plarn baskets to sell at the Earth Fair in a few weeks.
Senior thesis show: water reflection in ikat weaving.

In other news I finally got to attend a new crafting group.  There are only 3 of us in the group, but these ladies are amazing artists.  I do mean artists.  I am blown away by what they do.  And to top it off, they love what I do as well.  They even think that one of my items is a work of art, and that I should develop it into a series.  I was on cloud nine, especially since I made it as an actual art piece vs my usual craft pieces.  I still want to one day have a gallery show.  I had one once, but it was part of my senior thesis show in college.   However I did sell a large ikat weaving as a result.  Anyway, what is also nice about this new crafting group is that we all have young kids (Middle School and under), thus we are in the same boat as far as scheduling and other things.

I am hoping to blog while away.  If not, then I'll talk to you all in a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment