Monday, March 8, 2010

Long-Eared Sock Creature


Last night I had a dream where I won a sock creature contest by default, and I hadn't even made anything. I had only said that I was going to make a St. Patrick's Day sock creature. However no one else had even said what they had planned to make, let alone made anything. So when I woke up this morning I knew that I had to make that creature. However my St. Patrick's Day socks were all footie socks, and I needed a sock with a leg to it. I found these fun polka dot socks in my stash. Yes, I have a sock stash for crafting purposes. This creature came out of the book Stray Sock Sewing: Making One-of-a-Kind Creatures from Socks by Daniel. This little guy is called a long-eared mini doll, and he is the first creature how-to in the book. He is super easy to make, and my toddler loves him. After making him, I discovered another pair of St. Patrick's Day socks in my stash that would work for this. I just might be making another one later today.

1 comment:

  1. Cute little long-eared creature! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete