Thursday, February 4, 2010

February's CAL 6" block

I started working on the February CAL afghan block (for a group in Ravelry). I am almost finished making the 4th one. I plan on making four 6" blocks a month and sewing them together to make a 12" square. This block is called 6-7-8 square. Thats because the pattern shows you how to make it 6" or 7" or 8". My blocks are 6" but I had to use the pattern for the 7" block to make it that size. My Little Dahlia blocks were also a little to small, so I had to add an extra round to them so that the would be 6".

Last night I was inspired to take out my ball winder and use it on all of my Vanna's Choice yarn. I did not realize just how much I had. I have 5 skeins of the one green color because it was on sale for $1. Now I am inspired to make some amigurumi. Thats the whole reason why I have this stash in the first place. I also want to knit some finger puppets. I bought a knitted finger puppet book last year. My toddler just started showing an interest in them. So I thought that I would make some for his birthday. He loves looking at that book to. His favorites seem to be Goldilocks, the tiger, and Santa.

I'm looking forward to starting the next challenge in the Trash to Treasures ravelry group. According to the poll, it looks like it will be the wardrobe re do. I am so happy about that. I have 2 pairs of jeans that have holes on the upper inner seams. I want to turn them into long skirts.

In other news, I went to my town's Recycling Comity meeting tonight. I always laugh to myself, because I always leave with some plastic bags. Not only did I get several plastic bags tonight (including some pink ones) but I also got a large box full of recycled goodies. Some of the goodies are those orange plastic mesh bags that fruit comes in. I recently just saw a how to on making a scrubby out of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment