Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sewing Class & Quilting

As you may know I recently bought a new sewing machine when my other one broke. The store that I bought it from offers 2 free classes on how to use your machine. I signed up for the only 2 Saturday classes that they had. It's easier to get out of the house on the weekend, because my husband is normally home. Today was the "meat and potatoes" class. The next one will be the "just dessert" class. I learned how to do a proper hem and how to make a button hole stitch. I had never done either before. I also learned a few other things that I never knew about.


The classroom area had all these wonderful quilts and purses on the wall. All of which were classes that the store offered. The one that really caught my eye was a maple leaf quilt. I've had maple leaves on my mind lately. This one however involved applique. A scary thing indeed. I asked about the class when buying some thread after the sewing machine class. It was the only weekend class that I could take this year. However it was a little to pricey for me right now. She gave me a nice discount, because she wanted people who really wanted to be in the class to be there. Yeah!!! This will be my first ever quilting class. I'm very excited. I believe it is next weekend.


Tonight was movie night. While we all watched a very PG movie, I finished hand quilting the blocks on my grandma's quilt. Yeah! Now I just need to quilt the border and add a binding. I'm so happy that it will be finished by Christmas. That will make 3 quilts that will be given as christmas presents this year. I also worked on the cloth napkins and the cowboy quilt this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment