Monday, August 25, 2014

My crochet queue for the next 3 months:

  • Phoenix Amigurumi for my OWL (the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup in Ravelry)
  • Birchbark Slippers, because I need a sample pair for a class this Fall.
  • 2 egg baskets for one of my students who has given me countless fresh eggs from her “girls” and who even bought me a birthday present.
  • Crocheted Alligator Handbag - for me…. But I don’t know if I’ll get to it this year or not.
  • A rippled granny afghan - because I really want to learn how to make one
  • Another mosaic round rippled afghan - for my OWL and PIXAR (the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup Group and the Disney Adventures Group in Ravelry)
  • Some more purple baby hats for charity, because this is the last month that they are collecting them before they give them to the local hospitals.
  • granny squares for my WIP afghan
  • a camera and tripod for my dad for Christmas - not necessarily made in September
  • Daisy Towel Holders - for Christmas presents and part of a CAL next month
  • Oh, and I want to learn how to make an african crochet flower motif.


    The other day I joined the 4th round of squares to my granny square afghan.  I'm using the join as you go method.  The 2nd and 4th rounds are made up of color #15 (orange) of Cascade Pinwheel.  The 1st and 3rd rounds are mainly color #4, but I had to add some of color #5 when I was 3 or 4 squares shy of finishing round 3 (the store was out of #4 at the time).  I was able to buy some more of each color way recently.  Now I'm working on the squares for the 5th round.  I'm using Cascade Pacific #48 (black) for the borders, and a size H hook.  I'm following this basic granny square pattern for the afghan.  

    I'm almost finished with the chevron afghan.  I plan to be finished with it this week, and then I'll work on a smaller white one just like it.  My personal deadline for them is September 15th.  

    September 1st begins a new 3 month term of challenges in 2 of my ravelry groups.  Plus 2 or 3 other groups that I'm in will have new monthly challenges and CALs.  Very exciting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment