Saturday, June 1, 2013


The other day I knit this long tube on the 1909 machine knitting loom at work. The red, white, and blue acrylic part was done earlier in May to be like a knitting cap (so the weight can pull down on the material so that I can knit with no dropped stitches).  I used up 2 skeins of sock yarn, which I had bought on clearance.  

For all of the pouches I needed to frog a few rows on both sides (after carefully cutting a row of stitches), then I did a bind off on one end and the kitchener stitch on the other end.  This pouch is now holding some very small leftover yarn.  I plan on making hexiflats with the left over yarn.
Sadly I lost one of these blue pouches somewhere. 
I'm thinking of add fabric linings and a zipper to each of these pouches.  One would be great for holding my dpns.

No comments:

Post a Comment