Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cabled Cowl

Recently I put down my sock knitting when I couldn't find my sock book (which I found 15 minutes ago).  So I needed an on-the-go project in the mean time.  I was getting a little tired of knitting scrubbies.  Then I found the Vogue Knitting magazine with the cabled cowl pattern in it.  Can you see a pattern here of me not being able to find things?  I'm a mess right now.  Anyway...  I made copies of the pattern chart, took out my circular needles, and the green variegated wool that I had Kool Aid dyed last year, and went to work knitting another cabled cowl.  Can I tell you that I much prefer knitting the cowl than the socks.  Maybe its because of the circular needles vs the dpns.  This will be a birthday present for my mom.  She liked the one that I made for myself last year, and had asked if I could make her one to.  By the way, I wear mine all the time right now.  I love it.

P.S.  This picture was taken in my parked car (with the engine off) while waiting to pick up my oldest son from school.  I don't knit and drive, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment