Can you spot the new items in my Halloween display?
I'll give you a clue. I used a clean milk jug to make one of them.
Plastic milk jug skull garland. I have searched and searched, but I can't find the blog that inspired this project. However I can at least link the template that I used to make these skulls. All I did was clean the milk jug as soon as it was empty. Then I cut out each of the panels. I'm going to have to work on two of the sides more to remove the stickers. Then I can make more skulls. Next I laid a plastic panel on top of the skull print out, and I traced over it with a thin sharpie. Next I cut out the outside of the skull. I used a pointy tool to punch holes in the eyes, nose, and mouth so that I could use my scissors to cut them out. An exacto knife would have been better to use. Then I punched a small hole in each ear, connected them with white yarn, and hung them up on my mantel. It will be very easy to add more in the future.
I love them!
Last night and today I made more felt bats and mice to tape around the house. The templates can be found on Martha Stewart's web page. See yesterday's post for the links.
I also finished wrapping this wreath frame with Fall colored yarn.
I have some fake flowers and leaves in Fall colors that I want to add to it.