Thursday, December 24, 2009

Mistletoe & Holiday Trash Bash Challenge

I was up until 4 am last night sewing the binding onto my son's Christmas quilt (as seen in a post earlier this week). I finished it!!! Yeah!!! This morning I made something for me. It is a mistletoe ornament (free pattern link). I used my stash yarn, Vanna's Choice. I also used a size J crochet hook, because thats the closest size that I could find this morning.

I recently became a moderator for the Trash to Treasure Ravelry group (the link is on the right hand side of my blog). Ravelry is an online knitting, crocheting, and spinning community. Well one of the moderators just posted a Holiday Trash Bash Challenge. I'm going to copy and paste the information below.
Here’s the first challenge of the year:

Holiday Trash Bash:

  • Toilet Paper Rolls
  • Scrap Fabric
  • Wrapping paper
  • Tissue Paper
  • Bottle caps
  • Old Christmas Cards
  • Used CD’s
  • Overmaxed/Expired Credit Cards (eta and gift cards)
  • Ribbon

Must use at least 3 of the items above. Voting for the winner will start Jan. 15th. With the winner announced on the 31st. Winner will receive a small prize.

I am very excited about this challenge. It fits right in with the eco craft challenge that I will be doing from January - March. I'm scoping out all the unopened presents under the tree and coming up with ideas of what I want to make. Anyone else want to join in?

No comments:

Post a Comment