Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas gifts (friends don't peek!)

I saw a friend today who asked if I had any reusable bags for sale. She had seen some that I had made for myself this summer. I had planned on making 3 or 4 sets of 4 as presents for family this year. However I never finished them. I explained to my friend that I did not have any finished ones, but that I could finish some for her. She said maybe after the holiday. I know that she would like to give them as a gift. So as a surprise I finished 4 of them today.


I stamped them with a fabric marker using the "go green" stamp. I also included 4 cloth napkins with owls on them for her. I wrapped them all up in a gift bag. I'll see her tomorrow at a library event. She'll be surprised (unless she reads this blog entry before then).


I wanted to make something for another friend of mine for Christmas. So here is the plastic bag wreath that I made last month and embellished today. I hot glued Sprite and Coke bottle caps onto it. This is the first time that I have ever made a ribbon like this. Ok, so I used wrapping paper to wrap it in. I had nothing else large enough to wrap it in. At least I know that she recycles her paper. She is also an eco-crafter, so maybe she'll find another use for the paper. I'm going to drop it off at her house tomorrow. There is suppose to be a big snow storm tomorrow night, so I want these presents delivered before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment