Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finally posting pictures

So here are a few of the things that I made last month. The baby hat and booties are made from Lion's Brand organic yarn. The pattern was free on the Lion Brand website. It's a gift to one of my husband's co-workers who is about to have their 1st baby. The dark ear flap hat was made for a friend. However he told me that he will not be wearing it. I wish that I could ask for it back, because I would wear it. What a waste! The last is a long term on going project. It is a hand sewn grandma's flower garden quilt. I started it 3 years ago. I pick it up here and there. I haven't been in my sewing room for a month, but have really wanted to sew. So why not something I can hand sew while watching my toddler, the dog, and tv? The templates were cut from food boxes. The fabric is left over from table cloths that I made. I also just started making balls from new skeins of yarn. I saw an episode of Knitty Gritty that has a spiral knitted scarf that I really want to try to make.

For Christmas Santa bought me a quilting daily calendar. Everyday it shows a new quilt. Well actually one day is shows a whole quilt. Then it breaks it down to a different square each day. It's on a 3rd quilt right now. I really want to start making at least one of them. I think that I will have the calendar spiral bound (it's all loose pages). I got a few crafting books and magazine subscriptions as well. My husband even bought me some Lion's Brand Homespun yarn. He had no clue that that was one of my favorite yarns, and that I got a book on different things to make out of that particular brand of yarn.

My to do list: sew the quilt square for the mystery box quilt (quilt guild), start knitting a scarf, make a lap quilt for my grandma, make juice pouch notebooks as thank yous to the kids who recycle for me, clean my craft room, and I am sure there is a lot more on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment