Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Weekend: Art, flowers, cows, & class


My in-laws came for a visit on Saturday and left this morning.  On Saturday we all went to my town's flower show.  The flowers were arranged in a way so that they mimicked the art work.  I loved the design of this quilt.



Here is a painting of a koi pond with a lady sleeping at the bottom.  You can see a resemblance in the flower arrangement.


This painting caught my eye.  All of these paintings and other pieces of art were made by local artists.


Here is a ceramic bowl.  There were several beautiful ones on the table.  I fell in love with this one.


This is made out of cardboard.


Purple Crocuses by Donna Berger, acrylic on canvas.



Butterfly Jungle  by Donna Berger, acrylic on canvas.



Then afterwards we went to a local park for some ice cream.  They have cows, goats, sheep, and ducks there.  The ice cream place won't open for another week.


This cow licked my toddler's head, which was both funny and gross.  This is the section that they keep all of the calfs.  It makes me sad for so many reasons that I don't want to go into.   But basically I hope to cut dairy out of my diet and hopefully out of my house one day.


This morning starts a new series of Sunday School classes at my church.  I go to a Unitarian Universalist church, and for the next few weeks grades 1st - 5th are doing a class rotation learning about the seventh principle: being good stewards of the Earth.  I am teaching them how to make juice pouch notebooks.  We are also going over what it means to be good stewards of the Earth.


Here are the juice pouches that they could choose from.  I had 9 first graders today, and most of them were boys.  Thankfully I had 2 other adults in there to help me.  Some of the kids were surprised that the notebooks were theirs to keep.  There is no class next week, because it is the beginning of Spring break. I'll be in Pennsylvania with my kids visiting my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment