Saturday, April 26, 2014

Whats on my needles & hooks

My main project lately has been my king size afghan.  I'm using my size 8 Knit Picks circulates (60") and Cascade Yarn.  I cast on 420 stitches, and I'm knitting it stockinette.  Every other stripe is a solid color, and the other ones use a multicolored yarn.  There are 2 rows of black in-between each stripe.  Each color stripe is a whole skein of yarn.  The reason why this is my main project right now is because it is mindless knitting.  I can work on it during movie nights, while watching a really good t.v. show, while reading, or while talking to a friend.  It is also an ode to my childhood.  I can remember my mom crocheting a striped afghan for her bed, and even recently she made a striped lap-afghan on her knitting loom using random skeins of yarn.  This afghan makes me think of home and comfort, plus its made using my current favorite yarn. 
I started making another knitted ninja for my youngest son recently.  I made one for his friend's birthday last year.  I had started making one for him last year as well, but that became a ufo (unfinished object).  He asked me about it recently, so this project began.  I am not sure where the ufo has gone, but this one is better since it will be his favorite color (navy blue).  The book is checked out from my library.  It has a lot of cute knitted amigurumi patterns in it.

I am also crocheting another V Stitch Bag (my pattern) and Tunisian crocheting a garment from the Civil War era.  I don't have any pictures of these projects yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment