Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

While on Christmas vacation I finished a few projects.  I made 4 afghan squares, but I have yet to photograph them.  Here are the projects that I was able to take a picture of.

I finally learned how to do fair isle knitting.  It was one of my goals in 2013.  I sat in on 2 knitting classes so that I could get help with it.  I learned a new cast on technique that is used when knitting a ball in the round, and I learned the right way to hold my yarn when fair isle knitting.  I'm pretty proud of myself and this ornament.  Here is the free pattern for it.

I was able to finish this snake scarf on Christmas Eve.  Talk about cutting it close.  Here is the very easy and free pattern for it.  My youngest son loved it.

I also made another Christmas bath puff, and I finished it a few hours before giving it to someone.  Here is the free pattern for it.

Here is a close up of one of the afghan squares that I made last week.  It is tunisian crochet (simple stitch).

Now for New Year's resolutions:

For 2013 my goal was to make 500 items.  I made 567!

For 2014 my goal is to use up 50 skeins of yarn.  


For the last 3 years I have kept track of how many projects I have made.  Now it is time to work on stashbusting.  I have more than enough yarn to last me a few years, so now I need to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment