Tuesday, September 3, 2013

5 Charity Hats

I finished making 2 more hats for a total of 5 hats for a cancer hat drive.  They will be going to a hospital in Maine.  I was told that they were usually low on hats for men, so I used the Man Hat pattern by Haven Leavitt to make them.  I used Loops & Threads Charisma yarn for all of the hats.  It is a very soft and warm yarn.  The bonus was that I was able to buy it on sale.  Then I went back to the craft store and bought several more skeins of it, still on sale, to make Christmas presents (more hats).  I found that 6" for the base of the pattern is better than 7".  Seven inches was a little to long, and only good if the person has a lot of hair or likes a bigger on top hat.  I also used size 10 needles to make them.  The nice thing about this pattern is that it fits my 6 year old, my husband, and myself.  So different sized heads can wear the same hat.    I love the different colorways and self striping of this yarn.  Below are the 2 hats that I made this week.  It can take as little as a day to make 1 hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment