Monday, November 26, 2012

Wreaths, owl dishcloth, and penguin ornaments


I made these 12 mini wreaths in 2 days.  I'm going to be glueing pin backs on them this week.  Some will be gifts and others will be donated to my church's holiday fair.  Here is the pattern that I made up for them (using a plastic ring for the center).  
  • sc in the ring all the way around
  • sl st into first st, then chain 3
  • 2 dc in every st.
  • sl st in first dc
  • You can either end it here, which I do for worsted weight yarns, or you can make 1 more round (which I do with lace weight yarns).
  • ch 3, 2 dc in next st, 1 dc in the next 2 to 3 sts (its up to you) repeat around, and join with a sl st in the 1st dc.

I knitted this owl illusion dishcloth last week.  It's my first illusion knit.  I have to make more of these, because everyone's reaction to it is fantastic.  Here is the free pattern for it.

Tonight I worked on these 46 egg carton penguin ornaments.  I still need to add the ribbon hangers.  Some will be gifts, but most of them will be donated to my church's holiday fair.  Their theme this year is penguins, so these are perfect for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment