Sunday, July 17, 2011

Little Mermaid

My 4 year old son was invited to go to his first birthday party this month by a little girl in his class.  She is having a little mermaid party.  When trying to figure out what to get her I realized that she might already have a lot of store bought little mermaid items, so I decided to find a crochet or knitted mermaid pattern.  Last night I started crocheting this little cutie, and I finished her today.  The pattern was really easy.  The pattern ended when her looking like the photo below.  I did a little research into how other people had finished her on ravelry, and my favorite was one where the hair was filled in.  So I filled in the hair, making sure to add some bangs.  I gave her a little hair cut to try and make everything as even as possible.  Then I crochet a little necklace for her, and glued a fake flower in her hair.  Every time I look at her I smile.  I hope that she will be loved in her new home.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! And I can almost guarantee that she won't receive anything else like it. Its so cute, I love it. I remember one time, I made a little stuffed animal for someone and a craft kit, later I visited and saw that both had been untouched. That was too bad, so I really hope the lucky little girl appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. Her mom likes to make cards and other paper scrapbook like things, so I'm sure that it will at least be appreciated. Plus she is turning four, so I'm sure it will get played with a little (or a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! I know that my almost 4 year old would love it as a gift! I will have to share this link with her Aunt who is great at crochet. I can only knit. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teena, if you are on ravelry, there is at least one free knitted mermaid pattern on there.

    ReplyDelete