Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What I'm working on...



I've been cutting plastic bags and making yarn out of it. I'm trying to drastically decrease the amount of plastic bags that I have in my home right now. They are not all mine. People that I know give me their plastic bags to recycle. Some bags I am saving for fusing projects though. You can find directions in a previous post form this month.

My to-go project is the crochet soda tab flowers. I carry it in the craft bag that I made out of my son's pant legs. You can see an image of that bag in an earlier post. I think I made it earlier this year.

I have also been working on the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt that is made out of t-shirts. I also made some t-shirt yarn as well.

The telemedia studio is going to be closed for 4 weeks this summer. It just happens that it closes when I come back from vacation. So after this week I will not be taping any new shows until August (if life permits). However I will have taped 3 shows this month, which is enough to last until August as far as airing goes. One show will be aired 3 times a week for 2 weeks. That gives 6 weeks of running show time before a new needs to be made.

I have also been making juice pouch notebooks as a thank you to the 5 classrooms that recycle them for me. I now know that 5 classrooms is too much for me to handle by myself. Four classrooms is my limit.

Projects to finish before the end of the month:
- Fused Disney plastic bags. I am 75% finished with this. I would have finished, but I wanted to wait until after the plastic bag show just in case I needed to show how to steps.
- Disney t-shirt purse. I have a red Minnie Mouse t-shirt that no longer fits right. I want to turn it into a purse before our trip.
- Quilt my grandmother's quilt. I can quickly sew on the binding and work on it on the road. It needs to be finished by July 7th. All my other projects caught up with me and it got put on hold.
-Make 132 juice pouch notebooks for 5 classrooms as a thank you for recycling them for me. I have made 110 so far. I should be finished with that today.

There are other projects that I would like to work on, but these are the projects that have a deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment